The Polybed Drainage System
A sustainable high-performance alternative to traditional methods.
Manufactured using 100% recycled materials, Polybed range of products has been specifically designed to replace traditional drainage methods with an environmentally-friendly, cost-effective alternative, imitating the natural drainage process by slowing the dispersal of rainfall and controlling its release into the natural environment.
The Polybed system comprises a 100mm layer of lightweight recycled non-biodegradable aggregate surrounding a 100mm or 150mm diameter corrugated perforated single or twin wall plastic pipe. It is provided, encased in polyethylene netting, in 3-metre sections.
Reduces your carbon footprint:
- Eliminates the need for quarrying and transportation of aggregate – 1 x 3m length of Polybed equates to a quarter tonne of gravel
- Reduces site traffic – 1 truckload of Polybed is equivalent to 8 trucks of gravel
- Minimises the need for soil cart-away
Convenient and easy to handle:
- Lightweight and flexible
- Supplied in pre-assembled units, easily joined with a rapid click fit connection
- Requires no specialist skills
- Ideal for use in restricted areas
- Ease of installation reduces Health and Safety risks
- Up to 4 times quicker to install
- Requires less labour and plant
- Reduces transportation costs
- Minimises stone and gravel usage
Delivers quality performance:
- Controlled infiltration consistent void ratio in excess of 30%
- High flow capacity